Here is everything you didn’t know you needed to know about windscreen repair.
Windscreen repair is the process of cleaning and filling a chip or crack with a resin that will restore nearly 100% clarity to your glass. Repairing the windscreen in this way restores its original strength and integrity without the need to replace the whole glass.
1) Windscreen glass is extremely expensive. On average, it can cost $500-$600 to replace a windscreen while Rapid Rescue can repair windscreen glass from $88.
2) Small chips and cracks can spread suddenly and cause more severe damage to the windscreen. In this event, you will be forced to replace your windscreen to ensure that your vehicle remains safe and roadworthy.
3) Even a small crack can refract light and obscure vision, making driving unsafe for yourself and others.
4) Small chips and cracks also compromise the structural integrity of the whole vehicle. If the windscreen is weakened then the whole vehicle becomes more unsafe in the event of a collision or a rollover crash.
Rapid Rescue can repair a windscreen in around 30 minutes!
Rapid Rescue can repair your windscreen so that any previous damage is nearly invisible. This does depend on the severity of the damage and the amount of contamination in the area but for the majority of repairs, you will hardly know that there was once a chip or crack there.
Yes, you can drive away immediately without any inconvenience. (When replacing a windscreen it is recommended that you wait two hours before driving!)
Rapid Rescue are a mobile service so our technicians come to you, wherever you are. Just decide which location is most convenient and one of our professionals will zip over on our trademark Rapid Rescue scooter which is fully equipped with all of the modern technology necessary to restore your windscreen to its original integrity.
The biggest causes of windscreen chips and cracks are:
1. Rocks, stones, gravel and debris
2. Significant temperature change
3. Direct sunlight
4. Structural weakness
While it is impossible to completely eliminate the chances of getting windscreen chips and cracks, doing the following will reduce the risk:
1. Check windscreen wipers regularly to make sure they are operating properly and remove dirt and debris build up.
Replace windscreen wipers regularly.
2. Drive cautiously on any road with poor surfaces or that is under repair in order to avoid stones and gravel flicking up and hitting the windscreen.
3. Drive at a sensible distance from the vehicle in front, especially if it is transporting stones, gravel, etc.
Inspect your windscreen regularly for any chip damage.
Yes, it is.
Then ask us about it. Get in contact, today!